Welty Development, a full-service developer focused on multi-family, corporate, and healthcare real estate projects, is joining CBIZ, City of Independence Mayor Gregory P. Kurtz, inSITE Advisory Group, JobsOhio, TeamNEO, the Ohio Department of Development, Vocon and other leaders in celebrating the groundbreaking of the new Class A Office space and CBIZ Headquarters.
“As the building owner, Welty Development is thrilled to have CBIZ as the anchor tenant, to be selected as their development partner, and as Construction Manager of their new headquarters. CBIZ will enjoy a new Class A, high- performance workspace and office of the future, and we are so proud to be a part of their team. Their building’s official groundbreaking is not just a symbolic moment, but also a momentous occasion for the City of Independence as they stand to keep two hundred jobs and gain hundreds of new jobs,” said Donzell Taylor, CEO of Welty Building Construction and owner of Welty Development.
Key Project Highlights:
- New Class A Office Building, 150,000 square feet, 6 floors
- CBIZ Headquarters, 57,000 square feet; prior headquarters 55,000 square feet
- Designed to a Silver rating for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Building orientation designed to optimize energy efficiency
- First new Class A office building constructed in Independence in more than 20+ years
Welty Development is the Developer, Welty Building Construction is the General Contractor and Vocon Partners is the architect.
Construction is beginning today and is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2022. For leasing information, contact Tom Charek at (234) 678-1127.