At Welty, safety and good construction practices work hand-in-hand.
The safety of our employees, trade partners and everyone who comes in contact with our project sites is a core focus at Welty. Our Onsite Safety Plan starts well before a project begins and includes three primary activities:
- We establish a custom safety plan that is specific to each project, including a timeline for implementation.
- We conduct formal safety meetings where the entire Welty team and all onsite personnel are briefed on the safety plan and its implementation.
- Throughout a project we utilize an independent agency to review our sites and report on plan compliance.
In addition to these on-site safety activities, we also employ several on-going safety practices:
- We provide training for all employees on good safety practices.
- We provide all employees and trade personnel with the protective equipment necessary to complete their job.
- We provide mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible.
- We pre-plan for safety in construction operations through job hazard analysis.
- We develop and enforce safety rules and require that all employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of employment.
- We conduct a program of safety inspections to discover and correct unsafe working conditions or practices.
- We investigate every accident promptly to discover its cause and correct the problem in order to prevent reoccurrence.